My Foundation Routine

So I love wearing makeup and one thing that I love applying strangely is foundation. I wanted to share my foundation routine with you because some people might be interested or looking for a new foundation or maybe looking for a way to apply their foundation.

So as you can see I own a fair few foundations and they're just my mostly worn ones! They all have different qualities and uses so therefore I chose different ones depending on what look I'm going for so let me talk you through each one and why I love them;

  • Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude with SPF 20 is a great everyday medium coverage base. I prefer to apply this with a brush as I find that way I get the nicest texture and finish which is very much satin as it feels smooth on the face, I would say that this foundation is more on the dewy side. It definitely does not last for 25hr so therefore I always try to get the most wear out of it by setting it with a powder and using a primer.
  • M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid is a great maximum coverage foundation and I love applying this with a damp beauty blender as this is the way that I get maximum coverage. This foundation does have SPF in it but for me it doesn't create flash back so it's great for special occasions.
  • Rimmel Match Perfection is a great low to medium coverage dewy foundation. I like wearing this when I'm just running errands or if I want to look highlighted. I have dry skin and sometimes it can look really dehydrated so this foundation really adds some extra glow!
  • L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte foundations is a great long lasting bullet proof low end version of Estee Lauder Double Wear. I love wearing this when I have a lot to do or when I'm going to work as work can sometimes get really hot and like I said this foundation is BULLET PROOF.
  • Next is L'Oreal True Match and I love this at is super dewy and adds a really nice glow to the skin, It's water based so does feel like it adds extra hydration back into my skin. I prefer wearing this when my skin looks super dry as to not look like a grease ball!

What are your go to foundations and how do you apply them?

No comments:

Post a Comment